Now, I do need to say, I don't intend to cut myself off of his blog, and I can't promise not to venture over to RKOP, but for a full 336 hours I will deny myself the deliciosity of any Mraz music. Unfortunately, to truly do this experiment right, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut Bushwalla out of my diet as well. The hope is that by keeping their words out of my head, I might actually find some of my own to write.
Within the next 14 days I plan on:
- writing at least one piece of short prose suitable for submitting to moonShine review.
- completing the cover for SMR 2/1
- laying out the bulk of SMR 2/1
- writing a minimum of one poem each day.(Kinda in preparation for National Poetry Writing Month -- aka NaPoWriMo -- which will happen in August.) All of my attempts, however sore or pathetic they might be, will be posted in my library at shakespearesmonkeys.com. (Note, however, that you'll have to be a member to read them.)
- wrap up some freelance loose ends.
- get to bed earlier on "work nights"
- ...so I can actually get up and leave on time.
So, yeah, the job I was expecting to leave completely a few months back has convinced me to go full time instead. The biggest downside is the commute and the gas it takes. It's not a long commute, but still, it seems like such a waste to spend what we do on gas. I haven't totally ruled out public transportation, but I still don't see a means of making it feasible.
I know, this is far from an entertaining blog, huh? Sorry about that. Really though, I'm just glad to be writing, no matter how mundane.
Anyhow, 10 hours & 27 minutes til the fast begins. Any suggestions as to what songs I should listen to before then? ;)